- Maintain high ethical standards for the safety and security of animals in our care as well as the staff and volunteers who provide that care.
- Advance and utilize best practices for animals, the public, staff, and volunteers in a shelter/veterinary environment.
- Meet the changing needs of animals and animal welfare organizations in our community.
- Help bridge the gap between available animal welfare resources and animal welfare needs in the community.
- Provide state of the art behavioral rehabilitation for animals and training for guardians of cats and dogs to alleviate behavioral issues as a barrier to finding forever homes.
Heidi’s Village will work with existing animal welfare organizations in Maricopa County to provide a safe haven for animals.
Our focus will be to decrease the number of animals taken in and euthanized.
Heidi’s Village will provide medical support to our community partners.
We also aim to target and provide behavioral and medical intervention for owned animals in an effort to keep them out of our shelters.