How We Help: Rescue, Collaboration, Service
Heidi’s Village operates using an innovative sheltering model that brings the animal welfare community and all necessary services under one roof. We partner with existing animal welfare organizations, most of whom are foster based, to expand and compliment their operations to save more pets together.
We achieve this by providing:
- Low-cost boarding for just $13/day to expand our Rescue Partners ability to say “Yes!” to pets in need when their network of fosters is full.
- Affordable medical care at our on-site Veterinary Clinic to empower our Rescue Partners to accept animals in critical need of treatment without having to worry about cost. One partner rescue saved $25,000 in just 6 weeks by utilizing our Clinic instead of a private Veterinary office.
We don’t just board for other rescues, we also have our own life-saving programs!
- Our Rescue and Adoptions program supports the Phoenix community by rehoming surrendered and stray pets.
- The Smitten Kitten Nursery – the cutest room in the entire Village! Our Nursery lovingly rescues and raises neonate kittens and puppies that require delicate 24/7 care.
- Accountability: We each step up to lead when needed, do our own job with excellence, and are all accountable for our own actions and organization wide goals
- Commitment: We are open to new ideas, support decisions once they are made, are mission focused and represent Heidi’s Village with integrity
- Safety: We commit to following all safety procedures, recognize when we need help and ask for it, and address safety concerns with our supervisor immediately
- Respect: We respect decisions made, each other and our differing opinions, and treat every animal with compassion and dignity.
- Harmony: We address issues within 48 hours directly with the right person, we don’t pull others in, and if needed we respectfully agree to disagree and don’t allow differing opinions to affect our work relationship.
- Trust: We honor confidentiality, we assume best intentions, value and encourage vulnerability, and are honest and respectful in words and actions.